Cost per serving $1.00 view details
- 4 x skinless boneless chicken breasts cut in half, and trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh onion
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 ounce petite Alaskan shrimp cooked, peeled, and deveined
- Place chicken on a cutting board and flatten with the side of a mallet. Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add in onions and garlic. Brown chicken on both sides. If not cooked through add in chicken broth and cook, covered till finished. Hold hot.
- Make a roux by melting butter in a medium sauce pan over low heat. Gradually sir in flour, Stir till smooth. Cook over medium heat till thick.
- Gradually add in lowfat milk, lime juice and tomato paste, heat till it begins to thicken. Add in chicken broth to thin the mix to desired consistency. Continue stirring well. Remove from heat and add in rosemary and shrimp. Hold hot.
- Place 2 chicken breasts on a plate and cover with sauce. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Suggested Wine: Beverage suggestions: Chenin Blanc
- NOTES : Chef's Tip - This dish will go excellent with a wild rice mix or possibly a pilaf.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 244g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 145||51%|
|Total Fat 16.42g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 8.17g||33%|
|Trans Fat 0.1g|
|Total Carbs 17.8g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|