Cost per serving $1.43 view details
- 2 x 3-ounce skinless boneless chicken thighs trimmed
- Â Â Curry Cumin Blend (see recipe)
- Â Â butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Cabernet Sauvignon
- Â Â or possibly unsweetened apple juice
- 1Â 1/3 c. frzn baby lima beans
- Â Â dill
- Â Â celery seed
- Â Â thyme
- Â Â pepper
- 1 x red apple
- Lightly sprinkle each side of each chicken thigh with the curry cumin blend (that contains salt and pepper). Set aside.
- Heat a wok or possibly saute/fry over a high setting. Lightly coat the bottom of the wok with spray. Add in the oil; rotate pan to spread the oil. Add in the chicken thighs, serving side down. Sear, undisturbed, till lightly brown (3 to 4 min). Turn the chicken over to brown the other side; cook for 1 or possibly 2 min, depending upon the thickness of the meat.
- Add in the wine or possibly juice; when the alcohol smell is faint; scatter the limas on top of the chicken. Don't stir. Sprinkle with a healthy pinch of dill, celery see, thyme and additional pepper. Cover; reduce heat to medium; cook for 2 to 4 min or possibly till limas are heated through.
- Add in water or possibly broth 1 tbs at a time to the wok to keep the food moist (prevent burning). (It will have no more than 1/4 c. pan juices when you are finished cooking it.)
- Meanwhile, core the apple; slice it into wedges. Cut the wedges into 1/4-inch diagonal slices. Place the apple slices on top of the limas. Don't stir. Cover and cook for 2 min till apples are warmed and limas and apples are both crisp tender. Serve warm.
- Description: "plus a hint of thyme, curry, celery and dill"
- Serving Ideas : Mashed potato and turnip; or possibly mixed steamed rice; pudding for dessert
- NOTES : Limas and chicken have always been a favorite combination. This dish is light and full of flavor; hint of curry and sweet with crunchy apple. Do not cook the apple too long. They will continue to soften on the plate.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 276g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 111||18%|
|Total Fat 12.45g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 3.34g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.15g|
|Total Carbs 86.74g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 24.5g||82%|