Cost per serving $1.05 view details
- Â Â I x 1.5kg ovenready chicken
- 1 x salt and pepper
- 175 gm cooked ham cut into thick strips
- 2 Tbsp. choppedfennel stalks and leaves
- 2 clv garlic crushed
- 40 gm butter softened
- Â Â lemon juice
- Â Â Finocchio Toscano (qv)
- Â Â fennel leaves
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the ham fennel and garlic and use to stuff the chicken.
- Place in a deep casserole dish and spread with the butter.
- Surround with the washed giblets if retained.
- Cover and cook in a preheated moderately warm oven 200 degrees C (400 degrees F)
- Gas Mark 6 for 1 hour.
- Uncover and continue cooking basting frequently for 20 min till tender and golden.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish and keep warm.
- Throw away the giblets if using.
- Season the juices with salt pepper and lemon juice to taste and reheat.
- Garnish the chicken with Finocchio alla toscano and fennel leaves.
- Hand the sauce separately.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 98g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 96||66%|
|Total Fat 10.9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5.87g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 3.94g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|