Cost per serving $2.41 view details
- 1 x chicken (about 4 pounds / 1800 g), cut up
- 3/4 tsp (3.75 ml) paprika
- 2 tsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil or possibly salad oil
- 5 x cloves garlic, chopped or possibly pressed
- 2 x fresh jalapeno chilies, seeded and chopped WEAR GLOVES
- 1 lrg onion, minced
- 2 med -size carrots, sliced
- 4 ounce (112 g) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce / 406 g) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) fines herbes or possibly dry thyme leaves
- 3/4 c. (180 ml) dry white wine or possibly regular-strength chicken broth
- 1/2 c. (120 ml) dry currants (raisins are ok)
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, and sprinkle all over with paprika. Heat oil in a 4- to 5-qt (4- to 5-liter) pan over medium-high heat. Add in chicken pcs, a portion at a time; cook, turning as needed, till browned on all sides (about 6 min). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add in garlic, chilies, onion and carrots to pan. Cook, stirring often, till vegetables begin to brown lightly (about 12 min). Add in mushrooms, tomatoes, cumin, fines herbes, wine and currants; then add in chicken and any accumulated juices. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, till meat near thighbone is no longer pink; cut to test (about 40 min).
- Makes 4servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 443g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 482||57%|
|Total Fat 53.6g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 14.29g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 20.32g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|