Cost per serving $6.92 view details
- 6 x chicken, thighs, skinless, boneless
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg onion, minced
- 2 x leek, (white part only), washed and sliced
- 4 stalk celery, sliced
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 2 x egg, separated
- Â Â juice from half a lemon
- 2 x green onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh minced dill, for garnish
- 1 x salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, on high, heat extra virgin olive oil and saute/fry onions and leeks till soft, about 5-6 min. Add in the chicken pcs and turn often till proportionately browned. Add in the celery, and stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover for about 20-25 min or possibly till chicken is tender. Adjust the seasoning. Keep on a low simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the lemon juice till combined. Drain 1 1/2 c. of the warm broth from chicken mix into a measuring c.. While whisking vigorously, pour the warm broth into the egg yolk mix in a steady stream.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk egg whites, till light and frothy.
- Remove chicken from heat and whisk warm yolk mix back into chicken while stirring. Add in the whisked egg whites and continue to stir. Chicken has to be off the heat for this process and Large eggs will cook from the residual heat.
- Sprinkle with minced dill and green onions. Serve with lots of pita or possibly crusty bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 2145g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2625||63%|
|Total Fat 291.26g||364%|
|Saturated Fat 81.91g||328%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.96g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|