Cost per serving $0.69 view details
- 2 x boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Â Â salt and pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2/3 c. apple cider
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 c. skim lowfat milk see note
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp chicken flavor broth concentrated (Knorr)
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Rinse chicken. Pat dry. Sprinkle with salt. Heat Crisco Oil in large skillet with cover on medium-high heat. Add in chicken. Cook 3 to 4 min per side or possibly till browned.
- 2. Add in apple cider, lemon juice and rosemary. Reduce heat. Cover, ajar. Simmer 10 min or possibly till chicken no longer runs pink. Remove chicken. Keep hot.
- 3. Combine lowfat milk, cornstarch and broth concentrate. Add in to skillet. Cook and stir till reduced by half and thickened.
- 4. Stir in cilantro. Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over chicken. Heat about 1 1/2 to 2 min. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over top.
- Serving Ideas : Steamed broccoli spears, carrot slices and diced red potatoes.
- NOTES : Chicken breast topped with a creamy rosemary and apple sauce. Accompanied by redskin potatoes, broccoli and carrot slices steamed with a blend of lemon thyme and basil. This is a great do ahead dish: prepare up to a day in advance and refrigerated, tightly covered. Reheat covered over low heat before serving. Tested three times: with fat-free half and half; with 2 parts skim lowfat milk plus 1 part canned evaporated skim lowfat milk; with regular half and half and no thickener. Recipe was modified. The sauce was originally half this amount, omitted the chicken broth concentrate, and suggested parsley. Make extra and use as basis for a stew or possibly pot pie.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 198g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 38||26%|
|Total Fat 4.29g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.51g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.1g|
|Total Carbs 14.22g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|