Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- . > (American /Metric measures)<
- . 1 chicken (about 3 lb. / 1.5 kg)
- . 2 organic bouillon cubes (beef preferred)
- . 10 medium sun-dried tomatoes
- . 2 laurier leaves
- . 4 cups (1 litre) canned, crushed Italian tomatoes
- . 1 medium onion (spanish preferred)
- . 2 medium carrots
- . 2 medium celery stalks
- . 1/2 a small red cabbage (optional)
- ...Seasoning: > (Prepare ahead)
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) of sea salt,
- . 1/4 tsp. (1ml) each of Garlic powder and the following dried herbs: basil, garlic powder, oregano, rosemary, sage, tarragon.
- . Prepare a large pot filled halfway with cold water.
- . CLEAN and liberate the chicken from most of its fatty skin. Leave only some on the wings and excess that doesn't come off easily. Place chicken into the pot...BREAST down. Cover with enough water to barely skim the surface of the chicken. Remember, you'll be adding more liquid with the tomato.
- . COOKING: Place pot covered with its lid on HIGH heat. Wait about 20 minutes before a boiling action begins. As the whitish foam appears...grab a pierced ladle and take most of the foam off the surface. When you are satisfied that it seems clean enough...add the bouillon cubes, laurier leaves and sun-dried tomatoes. After a 10 minute boil...add the crushed tomatoes. Cover the pot (watching it closely) to bring the soup to a re-boil point for about another 10 minutes. Now, you can bring the heat down to MEDIUM for the remainder of the cooking time. For the next 40 minutes or so leave it alone.
- . VEGETABLES and SEASONINGS: This is a good time to start prepping your vegetable additions. After the last timing is up...add the veggies. Adding them in at this point will help to retain most of their nutrients by not being over-cooked. Add the seasonings from the list mentioned above or some other suitable choices.
- . Now, is a good time to turn the chicken over to the BREAST side up position! Continue cooking for about another 40 minutes. Lower the heat slightly and put the cover back on with lid slightly ajar.
- . You'll know when the chicken is properly done when the legs start wanting to detach. Take the chicken out and into a large bowl and cover until you are ready to take it apart for your chosen meals. In this case, I put some aside to add to the Chicken Soup Potage. Why do I call it potage...because...I take the remaining soup that's left in the pot and purÃ©e it with a hand immersion blender.
- . SERVING: You can either serve the soup on its own or add some rice or noodles boiled into the potage towards the end. Or simply serve as a more hearty meal with shredded chicken integrated in the soup.
- . Buon Appetito and flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 0g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|