Ah, it's Springtime...thoughts of warmer days, fresh strawberries, grilling and Rose Wine! Here I combine all four for a unique grilling experience.
Sauteed Strawberry Topping with Bleu Cheese: (Spoon on top of chicken when finished)
1 lb. Fresh Strawberries sliced
1/4 C. Rose of Pinot Noir Wine Jelly
1/4 C. Balsamic Vinegar
Crumbled Blue Cheese
Place the sliced strawberries in a sauce pan and add the Rose of Pinot Noir Wine Jelly and Balsamic Vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, stirring to combine the jelly and vinegar. Remove from heat and pour over the grilled chicken thighs. Garnish the top with Crumbled Blue Cheese and serve with a fresh garden salad.
Rose of Pinot Noir Jelly is available at www.thefermentedgourmetshop.com . If you have any questions, please refer to www.facebook.com/thefermentedgourmet or ask here.
- 2-3 lbs. Chicken Thighs (Chicken Breasts can be substituted if desired)
- Dry Rub:
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Sage
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Thyme
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic minced or 1/2 Tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil to drizzle prior to grilling.
- Rose of Pinot Noir Wine Jelly Glaze:
- 1/2 C. Rose of Pinot Noir Wine Jelly
- 1/4 C. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine Dry Rub ingredients and rub on chicken, letting it rest at least 15 minutes prior to grilling.
- Using your desired grill, charcoal or gas, set it to a med-high heat. Drizzle the chicken with the olive oil and place the rubbed chicken, skin side down, on the grill. Cover and Grill for about 5 minutes and flip (Chicken Breast should grill much longer). Once the skin side is up, brush with the whisked Rose of Pinot Noir Wine Jelly Glaze. Cover the grill again and grill for about 10 minutes. At this point, the thighs should be almost done. Either turn the heat down on a gas grill, or move the thighs away from the direct heat if using charcoal, returning the thighs to skin-side down. Brush with more Rose of Pinot Noir Wine Jelly Glaze and cover the grill. Continue grilling with the cover on until fully cooked. Use a meat thermometer if needed. I can usually tell when they are done by the firmness, but I don't recommend my method.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 244g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 338||65%|
|Total Fat 37.55g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 10.31g||41%|
|Trans Fat 0.49g|
|Total Carbs 3.12g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|