Cost per serving $1.22 view details
- 1 x recipe Achiote Citrus Marinade see * Note
- 1Â 1/2 lb Chicken legs and thighs
- 24 sm Corn Tortillas see * Note
- Â Â (or possibly use store-bought tortillas)
- 1 x recipe Salsa Fresca see * Note
- 2 x Avocados peeled and sliced
- 1/2 bn Cilantro, leaves only minced
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken pcs. Place in a bowl, cover and chill at least 1 hour or possibly as long as overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lift the chicken pcs from the marinade and transfer to a roasting pan. Roast for about 40 min, or possibly till the meat easily pulls away from the bone. Set the chicken aside to cold and pour the cooking juices from the pan into a bowl or possibly c..
- Chill the juices so which the fat rises to the top. When the chicken is cold, remove and throw away the skin, if you like, and bones and cut or possibly shred the meat into bite-sized pcs. Chill the chicken if you don't plan to use it right away.
- When you are ready to make the tacos, skim off and throw away the fat that has risen from the cooking juices, and use the brown cooking liquid that remains to reheat the chicken in a low oven.
- Dip a Corn Tortilla in some water and shake off the excess. Toast one at a time in a nonstick pan over medium heat for about 1 minute on each side. Wrap in a towel to keep hot while you dip and heat the remaining tortillas.
- For each taco, stack 2 tortillas. Divide the hot chicken and place on top. Top with Salsa Fresca, sliced avocado, and minced cilantro.
- This recipe yields 12 tacos.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 106g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 79||38%|
|Total Fat 8.83g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1.98g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.05g|
|Total Carbs 22.85g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||14%|