Cost per recipe $8.83 view details
- 1 lb Skinned and boned chicken breast, diced
- 1 lrg Courgette, trimmed and minced
- 1 x Carrot, peeled and minced
- 1/2 x Red pepper, minced
- 1/2 x Yellow pepper, minced
- 4 ounce Sugar snap peas
- 1 head pak choi
- 4 x Spring onions, minced
- 1 lrg Egg white
- 1 Tbsp. Rice wine or possibly dry sherry
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour
- 1 x 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Â Â (1 to 2)
- 5 lrg Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. Chinese salted black beans
- 3/4 tsp Dry red chilli flakes
- 4 Tbsp. Groundnut oil for frying
- 1/4 pt Chicken stock
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Rice wine or possibly dry sherry
- 2Â 1/2 Tbsp. Rice vinegar
- 1 pch sugar
- 2 pt Water
- 2 Tbsp. Groundnut oil
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour dissolved in 1 1/2 tbsp cool chicken stock or possibly water
- In a bowl mix the egg white, 1tbsp of rice wine or possibly sherry, 1tbsp cornflour and the salt and whisk together. Add in the chicken and mix with your hands, then leave for 3-4 hrs or possibly overnight.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add in some groundnut oil then the chicken and cook for just 90 seconds. Do this immediately before you are ready to stir fry.
- Put the chilli, black beans and garlic and fold in a food processor till roughly minced. In a separate bowl mix the chicken stock, soy sauce, rice wine, rice vinegar and sugar to make the sauce.
- Heat a wok, add in the groundnut oil and heat then add in the bean mix and stir. Add in the chicken and stir quickly to coat in the oil. Next add in the minced courgettes, carrots and peppers. Stir till all the ingredients are coated, then add in the pak choi, pour in the aromatic sauce and bring to the boil.
- When the sauce is boiling, add in the sugar snap peas and spring onions and stir for 2 min. Just before serving, mix in the water and cornflour mix to thicken.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2235g|
|Calories from Fat 813||54%|
|Total Fat 91.94g||115%|
|Saturated Fat 16.71g||67%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 64.62g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 16.2g||54%|