Cost per recipe $4.72 view details
- 2 c. thinly-sliced chicken
- 1 c. sweet basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp. coconut lowfat milk
- 3 Tbsp. green curry paste
- 3 Tbsp. palm sugar
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp. thinly-sliced Thai chile peppers
- In a wok or possibly skillet over medium heat, hot the coconut lowfat milk and add in the curry paste, stirring briskly till it becomes aromatic. Throw away any oil film which forms on the surface.
- Add in the chicken and stir-fry till it just begins to change color. Add in the remaining ingredients, except the basil, and continue to stir-fry till the chicken is almost cooked through.
- Finally, add in half of the basil and stir briefly then transfer to a serving platter.
- Dip remaining half of the basil in sweet chili sauce, and then fry it in warm oil till crispy, then use to garnish the curry.
- Serve with either Thai jasmine rice or possibly noodles.
- Comments: This is an example of the popular "fried curry" style which produces a dry result. It blends equally well with rice or possibly noodles.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 166g|
|Calories from Fat 32||13%|
|Total Fat 3.82g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 3.14g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.04g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||11%|