Cost per recipe $0.00 view details
- Â Â The only thing which can not be substituted for is the fish sauce. You could use ginger instead of galangal, but the soup would lack the perfumey, exotic aroma of the galangal which adds so much to the dish. Lime zest could be used for the bergamot leaves.
- 2 Stalks lemon grass 1 c. water 4 c. coconut lowfat milk 8 chicken thighs or1 1/3 pounds chicken breast, diced10 slivers galangal 2 Tbsp. fish sauce 3 small fresh chilies 3 bergamot leaves 2 Tbsp. lemon juice Garnish: Spring onions, shredded Chilies, shredded
- Cut the lemon grass into 1-inch pcs. Bring the water to the boil with half the coconut lowfat milk. Then add in the chicken, lemon grass, galangal and 1 Tbsp. fish sauce. Simmer for about 20 min or possibly till the chicken is cooked. Less cooking time will be required for diced chicken breast.
- Stir in the remaining coconut lowfat milk and turn up the heat. As soon as it begins to boil, toss in the whole chilies and bergamot leaves.
- Stir, and remove from the heat.
- Serve in individual bowls. Sprinkle each with lemon juice and fish sauce to taste and garnish with slivers of spring onions and chili.