Cost per serving $2.10 view details
- 900 gm boneless chicken pcs skinned
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry or possibly rice wine
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 25 gm Chinese dry mushrooms (optional)
- 175 gm Chinese sausages or possibly pork sausages
- 400 gm long grain rice washed
- 900 ml Chicken Stock or possibly water
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. fresh ginger finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. spring onions finely minced
- Cut the chicken into 5cm pcs.
- Put these into a bowl and combine them with the dry sherry or possibly rice wine soy sauce sugar and sesame oil.
- Let the mix sit for at least 20 min.
- If you are using the dry mushrooms soak them in hot water for 20 min.
- Then drain them squeeze out any excess liquid cut off and throw away the stems and coarsely chop the mushroom caps.
- Slice the Chinese sausages thinly into 5cm pcs at a slight diagonal.
- If you are using pork sausages grill them for 3 min to partially cook them and then slice them into 5cm rounds.
- Combine the rice and stock together in a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Continue to boil till most of the surface liquid above the rice has evapourated.
- Then fold in the chicken mushrooms ginger spring onions and sausages.
- Turn the heat down low cover and cook for about 25 min till the rice chicken and pork are cooked.
- Serve with Braised Spicy Aubergines or possibly Spiced Chinese Leaves.
- It is well worth the effort to try and get authentic Chinese sausages from a Chinese food shop. Pork sausages could be substituted but they should be browned first to rid them of their excess fat and of course the taste will be quite different.
- Serves 4
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 543g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 330||38%|
|Total Fat 36.7g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 10.86g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 84.54g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||8%|