Cost per serving $2.32 view details
- 1/4 c. freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 c. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 12 x mint leaves roughly minced
- Â Â Mint sprigs for garnish
- 1 piece ginger - (1" long) peeled, and
- Â Â finely grated
- 2 whl boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounce sugar snap peas trimmed
- 4 c. arugula leaves washed, dry
- 1/4 lb pea shoots
- Â Â Coarse salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 sm jicama peeled, julienned
- 1 sm ripe mango peeled, pitted.
- Â Â and julienned
- 6 x lavash flatbreads
- In a blender, combine lime juice, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, honey, mint, and ginger. Process dressing till smooth. Set aside.
- Place chicken in a medium stockpot. Add in sufficient water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, and simmer till cooked through, about 10 to 12 min.
- Transfer chicken to a medium bowl; allow to cold slightly. Shred chicken, and toss with all but 2 Tbsp. of dressing. Set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare an ice bath. Set aside. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add in snap peas, and cook for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to ice bath to cold.
- In a medium bowl, combine snap peas, arugula, and pea shoots. Toss with 2 Tbsp. of dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in jicama and mango to chicken. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover each lavash with arugula mix. Divide chicken salad between lavash. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each lavash in half on the diagonal, and serve.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Comments: When buying jicama, look for smooth, relatively unblemished roots with thin skin and juicy flesh. To peel the ginger, use the edge of a spoon.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 145g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 65||46%|
|Total Fat 7.42g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 0.61g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 14.64g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.0g||13%|