Cost per serving $0.36 view details
- 3 c. chicken broth or possibly water
- 2 whl boneless chicken breasts with skin (about 1 1/2 pounds), halved
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. chopped shallot
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 24 x very thin slices homemade-type white bread
- 1/2 c. finely minced smoked almonds (about 2 ounces)
- In a deep 12-inch skillet bring broth or possibly water to a boil and add in chicken breasts in one layer. Reduce heat and poach chicken at a bare simmer, turning once, 7 min. Remove skillet from heat and cold chicken in cooking liquid 20 min. Throw away skin and shred chicken fine. In a bowl stir together chicken, 1/2 c. of mayonnaise, shallot, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Make 12 sandwiches with chicken salad and bread, pressing together gently. With a 2-inch round cutter cut 2 rounds from each sandwich.
- Put almonds on a small plate and spread edges of rounds with remaining 1/2 c. mayonnaise to coat well. Roll edges in almonds. Sandwiches may be made 2 hrs ahead, wrapped in plastic wrap, and chilled.
- Makes 24 tea sandwiches.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 53g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 82||85%|
|Total Fat 9.25g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.42g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 0.66g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|