Cost per recipe $18.78 view details
- 3 fresh artichoke hearts, washed, leaves & choke trimmed, quartered
- 1 c. water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 chicken breasts (4 whole), boned, (skinning opt.), washed, patted dry
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. clarified butter or possibly extra virgin olive oil or possibly to taste
- 20 sm. garlic cloves left whole, peeled, ends removed
- 4 carrots, peeled, ends removed, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, washed, lightly minced
- 2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter (opt.)
- 2 to 3 c. rice, cooked according to pkg. directions (opt.)
- 4 to 8 toasted bread rounds (opt.)
- In a small saucepan, cook artichoke hearts in water and lemon juice 3 to 5 min or possibly till tender. Drain and set aside. Sprinkle chicken breast slightly with salt and black pepper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, sear chicken breasts in very warm clarified butter or possibly extra virgin olive oil till golden. Flip breasts, add in garlic and sear other side. Add in artichoke wedges and carrot sticks and sprinkle with fresh and dry thyme. Dot with butter if you like and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake in oven for 1/2 hour or possibly till chicken juices run clear after pcs are pierced with a fork. Serve with rice and toasted bread rounds if you like. To fully enjoy, spread roasted garlic cloves on toasted bread round.
- Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2427g|
|Calories from Fat 1584||42%|
|Total Fat 177.3g||222%|
|Saturated Fat 70.49g||282%|
|Trans Fat 1.34g|
|Total Carbs 266.37g||71%|
|Dietary Fiber 26.6g||89%|