Cost per serving $1.46 view details
- 1 x roasting chicken - (4 lbs)
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh sage plus
- 2 lrg fresh sage sprigs
- 2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 5 x leeks, white and pale-green parts only trimmed, and
- Â Â halved lengthwise
- 1/2 c. canned low-salt chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken, vinegar, oil, minced sage, rosemary, and garlic in large bowl; turn chicken to coat.
- Arrange leeks and sage sprigs in bottom of 13- by 9- by 2-inch metal baking pan. Set chicken with herb mix atop leeks. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Pour broth over. Roast chicken till juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a small knife, about 40 min. Transfer leeks and chicken to platter and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 367g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 482||64%|
|Total Fat 53.61g||67%|
|Saturated Fat 14.39g||58%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.96g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|