Locrio is one of the most traditional Dominican dishes and I have already shared some of its variations. For some reason that I can't explain, I had not shared the most traditional of the locrios: the chicken locrio.
The chicken is the most consumed meat in the Dominican Republic and along with pork the preferred one for the locrios.
- " 4 cups of rice.
- " 4 cups of water.
- " Garlic paste and vegetable paste (You may find how to prepare those in the site as well)
- " 2 pounds of chicken meat.
- " Tomato paste
- " 1 big onion
- " 1 Cubanela pepper
- " Leek, vegetables, cilantrico and salt
- " 1 cube of chicken broth.
- Color the meat in hot oil with some sugar. Separate.
- Lightly fry all the ingredients, add the meat and the water. Once it begins to boil add the rice and move frequently until the rice dries off.
- Once dry , cover and allow to cook on slow fire for half an hour. Enjoy!