Cost per serving $1.70 view details
- 4 ounce green beans trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. oriental sesame oil
- 1 x skinless boneless chicken breast - (8 ounce) cut crosswise into strips Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 x red bell pepper cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 Tbsp. chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 lrg garlic cloves chopped
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- Cook beans in pot of boiling salted water till crisp-tender, about 2 min. Drain. Refresh under cool running water.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add in to skillet; stir-fry till just cooked through, about 2 min. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add in 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Add in bell pepper, ginger and garlic; stir-fry 2 min. Add in chicken and beans to skillet. Stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Simmer till sauce thickens slightly, about 2 min. Serve warm.
- This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).
- Comments: Begin with c. of chicken broth simmered briefly with slivers of lemongrass and accented with a dash of chili oil. Complement the stir-fry with rice pilaf. End with sliced mango and pineapple topped with green tea ice cream and toasted coconut.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 190g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 188||60%|
|Total Fat 21.29g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 3.04g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 19.02g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|