Cost per serving $0.86 view details
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1Â 1/2 c. minced green bell pepper
- 1 c. chopped purple onion
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 c. cooked chicken breast
- 1 x 14.5 oz can no salt added diced tomatoes liquid removed
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grnd pepper
- 8 x 8 inch fat-free flour tortillas
- 3/4 c. shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Â Â butter flavored cooking spray
- Â Â fresh cilantro sprigs optional
- Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat till warm. Add in minced pepper and onion; cook 3 min, stirring often. Add in cumin, and cook 1 minute, stirring often. Add in chicken and tomato; cook 3 min, stirring often. Stir in chopped cilantro, salt, and grnd pepper. Place about 1/2 c. chicken mix on half of each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese proportionately over turkey mix on tortillas; fold tortillas in half. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat till warm. Add in 2 filled tortillas; cook 30 seconds on each side or possibly till lightly browned. Set aside, and keep hot. Repeat procedure with remaining 6 tortillas. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if you like. Serve immediately.
- Serves 8.
- NOTES: I make this recipe using the George Foreman grill. I simply grill the folded tortillas on the grill till the cheese is melted and they are lightly browned.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 173g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 181||40%|
|Total Fat 20.34g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 10.69g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 46.81g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|