Add vegetable broth and stock; to sauted ginger and garlic; simmer on low covered for 10 minutes. Remove 1 cup of simmered broth and mix with miso. Return mixed miso to broth.
Add ramen noodles and remaining vegetables. Simmer covered on low for 3-5 minutes or until noodles are done.
This recipe is adapted from one that was in the latest release of Cuisine At Home. I have added several more ingredients to make the soup a hearty weeknight meal. It is filling with the added ingredients. I also used chicken stock in addition to vegetable broth to add a bit more flavor. Because miso is sensitive to heat, be sure to keep the soup at a low simmer. If boiled it loses some of the miso flavor and the health benefits of the soy bean paste. I used light miso but you can use darker for a more pronounced flavor if that suits your palate.
- 1 Tb sesame oil
- 1 Tb peanut oil
- 2 Tb minced ginger
- 1 Tb minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup white miso
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 5 oz bamboo shoots, julienned
- 5 oz baby corn, cut in half
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 oz snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
- 4 oz shitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 3 oz dried ramen noodles
- 5 oz firm fried tofu, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Saute ginger and garlic in peanut oil until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and chicken broth and simmer covered on low heat for 10 minutes. Remove 1 cup of broth and mix with miso. Return miso mixture to broth.
- Add mushrooms and chicken and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Add ramen noodles and remaining vegetables and simmer covered for 3-5 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Add tofu and simmer 1 minute to heat through.
- Remove from heat. Add spinach and sesame oil.
- Top soup with chopped scallions.
- Soup is ready for service.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 2411g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 712||43%|
|Total Fat 80.05g||100%|
|Saturated Fat 16.83g||67%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 153.94g||41%|
|Dietary Fiber 28.8g||96%|