Cost per serving $1.69 view details
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied and lightly pounded to 1/4-inch thick
- Kosher salt
- Canola oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Set up a standard breading procedure in 3 wide deep plates. Fill 1 with flour, 1 with the beaten eggs, and 1 with the panko and grated Parmigiano. Season the chicken breasts with salt. Using one hand for dry things and 1 hand for wet things, take each piece of chicken through the breading procedure: dredge lightly in the flour, then the egg wash and then through the bread crumbs.
- Lay the breaded chicken on a sheet tray and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pour olive oil into a large saute pan until it reaches a thickness of about a half an inch - better a little more rather than a little less. Bring to a medium-high heat and add butter. When the oil is hot, dip the edge of a piece of chicken into the oil, the oil should gently sizzle. Cook the chicken in the oil in batches on both sides until it is a lovely golden brown color and is crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not crowd the pan or the chicken will become very greasy and soggy.
- When the chicken comes out of the oil lay it on paper towels to drain off the excess oil and sprinkle with salt. You can keep the chicken in a low oven to keep it warm while the rest of the chicken is cooking.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 246g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 206||34%|
|Total Fat 22.98g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 8.39g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 53.49g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||9%|