Cost per serving $1.10 view details
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 6 x boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 med red onion sliced in rings
- 1 x green pepper sliced julienne
- 1 x red pepper sliced julienne
- 2 x cloves garlic chopped
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (16 ounce.)
- 1 Tbsp. dry basil or possibly parsley
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken and then remove it with a slotted spoon. Add in the onion, both peppers and the garlic. Saute/fry for about 5 min, till the onion is just tender. Return the chicken to the skillet and add in the tomatoes. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 min or possibly till the chicken is cooked through. Serve sprinkled with the basil or possibly parsley.
- Rayna Says: I do not remember where I got this recipe, but I guess which is not surprising, I have collected recipes for years and have a file of about 5000 hand written cards, call me crazy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 187g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 58||42%|
|Total Fat 6.58g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3.84g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 8.53g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|