Cost per recipe $5.87 view details
- 1 whl medium chicken, cut into half lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- Â Â Cucumber wedges to garnish
- 5 Tbsp. Tamarind, mix well with 450 ml (15 ounce) of water, strain, and use the liquid only
- 10 x Shallots, finely minced or possibly grounded in food processor
- 2 Tbsp. Toasted coriander pwdr, lightly fry in a dry pan over a low fire
- 8 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Dark soy sauce (note: this is darker, thicker and sweeter than the regular soy sauce)
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 2Â 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1Â 1/2 tsp White grnd pepper
- The following dish is traditional dish for Chinese New Year in Singapore -
- Directions: Marinade the chicken in a deep pot, overnight (at least 8 hrs).
- Cook the chicken in the marinade, bringing the chicken to a boil, uncovered. Simmer the chicken till tender. Remove the chicken, and simmer the sauce till it reduces and thickens. Heat 2 Tbs oil in a large frying pan, over a low fire, fry chicken till golden. Add in the thickened sauce to the chicken, mixing it well. Remove and cut the chicken into small pcs, place on a serving dish, and then pour the remaining sauce from the frying pan over the chicken.
- Garnish with cucumber wedges. Serve with warm rice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1655g|
|Calories from Fat 1938||55%|
|Total Fat 215.54g||269%|
|Saturated Fat 55.53g||222%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 159.73g||43%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.0g||33%|