Cost per serving $4.22 view details
- 3 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 med Onions, finely minced
- 4 x Spring onions, minced
- 2 lrg Cloves garlic, minced
- 4 med Tomatoes, peeled, seeded and minced
- 1 x Warm chillies, seeded & minced, (up to 2)
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh coriander
- 2 x Chickens, quartered, 2 1/2 lb
- 1/2 lb Finely grnd almonds
- 1/2 lb Dry shrimp, finely grnd
- 1Â 1/4 pt Thin coconut lowfat milk
- 1/4 pt Thick coconut lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. Rice flour
- 4 Tbsp. Palm oil
- 3 Tbsp. Lime or possibly lemon juice
- 1.In a large pan heat the oil and saute/fry onions, spring onions, garli, tomatoes and chillies for 5 min. Season to taste and stir in the lime juice and coriander.Add in the quartered chickens and cook covered for 30-35 min till tender.
- 2.With a slotted spoon transfer the chickens to a dish and allow to cold.Skin and bone, then chop the meat coarsely.
- 3.Put the vegetables through a sieve pressing down hard to extract all the liquid. Throw away the solids and reseve liquid.
- 4.In a saucepan combine the almonds, grnd shrimp, thin coconut lowfat milk and the reserved liquid. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 min. Add in the thick coconut lowfat milk and the rice flour mixed with a little water. Cook uncovered, stirring often, till thickened.
- 5.Add in the chicken peices and the palm oil and cook just long sufficient to heat through, about 5 min. Serve with rice flour pudding.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 629g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 829||65%|
|Total Fat 93.59g||117%|
|Saturated Fat 32.93g||132%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 17.31g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.0g||23%|