Cost per serving $1.08 view details
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 whl chicken (about 4 pounds)
- Â Â Sea salt and freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 x shallots, finely minced
- 1 c. top quality red wine vinegar
- 1 c. creme fraiche or possibly heavy cream, preferably not ultrapasteurized
- Â Â Finely minced fresh (flat-leaf) parsley for garnish
- Procedure:(you could use all breasts or possibly all leg portions if you prefer)
- Mix salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil and heat the butter in a deep-sided 12-inch saute/fry pan over medium-high heat. (If your pan isn't large sufficient to hold all the chicken in a single layer, use 2 smaller pans, and put half the chicken, oil, and butter in each one.)
- Rub the chicken pcs with the salt and pepper mix. When the oil is warm but not smoking, use tongs to add in the chicken, skin side down. Brown on both sides till the skin becomes beautifully golden and the chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 12 min on each side.
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter and cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep hot. Pour off about one-half the fat in the pan. Add in the shallots to the remaining oil and brown over medium high heat.
- Slowly add in the vinegar to the skillet and boil till reduced by half. (The fumes will definitely clear your sinuses - great for a cool!!) Add in the creme fraiche and cook till the mix is well blended and has turned a nutty brown color, about 5 min. Return the chicken to the pan to coat thoroughly and heat briefly in the sauce.
- Return to the platter, garnish with parsley, and serve immediately. If there is extra sauce, pass it in a small bowl.
- Teacher's Tips:1.Be sure the vinegar has boiled down sufficient before you add in the creme fraiche or possibly you'll end up with a beige, watery sauce.
- 2. Brown Chinese vinegar makes a tasty substitution for the red wine vinegar.
- Pork Chops in Red Wine Vinegar Sauce: can be made by following the above steps. Unless your chops are very thick, they won't take quite as long to cook as the chicken!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 291g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 421||58%|
|Total Fat 47.09g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 15.63g||63%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 38.19g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|