Cost per serving $1.28 view details
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut 1/2" pcs
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 1 med carrot minced (abt 1/2 c.)
- 1 sm green bell pepper minced (abt 1/2 c.)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 can no-salt-added whole tomatoes - (14 1/2 ounce) undrained
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp chili pwdr
- 1 can pinto beans - (15 to 16 ounce) rinsed, liquid removed
- 2 c. warm cooked rice
- 2 Tbsp. minced dry-roasted peanuts
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, onion, carrot, and bell pepper in skillet, stirring frequently, till chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Stir in tomatoes, water, peanut butter, and chili pwdr, breaking up tomatoes. Stir in beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 min. Simmer uncovered 5 min longer. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Inspired by an African stew, this recipe uses the common peanut, known as groundnut in Africa.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 378g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 50||15%|
|Total Fat 5.95g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.24g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 47.13g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.4g||25%|