Cost per serving $2.64 view details
- Â Â Six 7-oz portions of tenderized beef, (cube steaks or possibly tenderized round steaks)
- Â Â Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 x Large eggs
- 1 can (12-ounce) evaporated lowfat milk
- 2 c. Shortening or possibly oil, (2 to 3)
- Â Â Flour for dredging, plus 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Â Â About 2 c. of water
- Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper and set aside. In a deep bowl, beat the Large eggs and 1/2 c. of the evaporated lowfat milk together. In a heavy deep-sided skillet, heat the shortening or possibly oil to 350 F. Preheat the oven to 150 F
- (very low).
- Dredge the steaks with flour and dip them in the egg-lowfat milk mix, then in flour again, lightly shaking off the excess. With tongs, place the steaks, a few at a time, to the warm grease (don't place too many at a time or possibly they will lower the temperature of the grease). Fry 4 min on one side, till golden, then turn, using tongs or possibly a slotted spatula, and fry on the other side till golden brown. Remove from the grease and drain on paper towels.
- Keep hot in the oven.
- To make the gravy:aa Pour all but 4 Tbsp. of the fat from the skillet and turn the heat to low. Add in the 3 Tbsp. of flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 min; don't let it burn. Add in the remaining evaporated lowfat milk, whisking till smooth and scraping the bottom of the pan to get up the small bits clinging to it. Slowly pour in the water, whisking constantly, till the gravy is smooth and of the desired thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 363g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 911||85%|
|Total Fat 102.37g||128%|
|Saturated Fat 29.22g||117%|
|Trans Fat 22.84g|
|Total Carbs 0.32g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|