This is one of my all time faves, but I don't cook it a lot because I gain 3 pounds just thinking about making it. It is SOOO good though, I allow myself to make it about twice a year.
- 1 lb of thin Speggetti or Angel Hair pasta
- 5 thin sliced boneless Chicken Breast
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz of grated Ramano Cheese
- 1 tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp of White Pepper
- 1 tsp of dried Parsley
- 1 cup of flour
- enough oil to coat the bottom you your pan
- 1 1/2 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 cups of butter
- 1 or 2 Lemons.
- Cook pasta as directed
- Whisk together eggs, Romano cheese, parsley, salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Put flour on a plate
- Heat the oil until the surface of your pan becomes very wavy and smoke just starts to rise.
- Dredge your chicken in the flour on both sides. Tap lightly to get the excess off
- Coat chicken in egg mixture, allowing excess egg to drip off
- Fry each side of chicken until a light blond color
- When all the chicken is done, pour in a splash of the chicken stock. Be careful because it will steam and potentially throw hot oil up.
- with a spatula or wooden spoon, scrape up all the lovely goodies that are stuck to the pan from frying the chicken.
- Add the rest of the chicken broth and wait until it starts to slowly boil.
- Add the butter and stir constantly until it incorporates into the broth.
- I like the subtle background of the lemon, so I add the juice of one lemon. If you enjoy the full frontal assault on your taste buds, add a second lemon.
- Lay the pasta on the plate, add the chicken and pour your GLORIOUS sauce over it and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 431g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 640||53%|
|Total Fat 72.46g||91%|
|Saturated Fat 39.83g||159%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 88.39g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|