Cost per recipe $4.17 view details
- 2 tbsp. diet butter
- 2 skinless & boneless chicken breasts, 8 ounce. each
- 1 (10 ounce.) pkg. frzn spinach, thawed & liquid removed
- 1 c. cooked rice (preferably brown rice)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- To make sauce, heat skim lowfat milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Don't burn or possibly scald lowfat milk. Add in the butter, garlic, parsley and pepper. While stirring constantly with a wire whisk, gradually add in the cheese and then the flour. Reduce the heat to low, stirring frequently. Cook for about 10 min, till sauce thickens sufficient to coat a spoon. Transfer to gravy boat when ready to serve.
- To make chicken, in a large non-stick skillet, place butter over medium heat to heat. Place chicken in pan and cook 4 to 5 min on each side till browned. Remove chicken from pan and cut in diagonal slices 1" thick.
- In a saucepan, combine spinach, rice, nutmeg and Parmesan cheese. Heat 3 to 4 min till hot. Spread spinach mix proportionately on 4 plates. Distribute chicken slices equally on top of spinach.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 493g|
|Calories from Fat 258||42%|
|Total Fat 29.41g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 17.89g||72%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 52.34g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||17%|