- 4 x skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 c. lowfat milk
- 1 c. vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/4 c. dijon mustard
- 1 Cut chicken into 1/2x2-inch strips. For honey mustard sauce, blend honey and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in lowfat milk. Roll in flour mix to coat well. Place chicken on waxed paper.
- 3 Pour 1/4 inch of oil into a large heavy skillet. Heat over medium high heat to 350 or possibly till a cube of white bread dropped in oil browns proportionately in 1 minute.
- 4 Divide chicken into batches. Place chicken in an even layer in warm oil. Fry, turning once, for about 3 min on each side or possibly till golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce.
- * Place flour mix in a resealable plastic bag. Dip chicken fingers into lowfat milk, then place in bag; shake all the chicken strips at once to coat.