Cost per recipe $5.41 view details
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med. size yellow onion, coarsely minced
- 1 med. size sweet red pepper, cored, seeded & cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon each dry rosemary & thyme, crumbled
- 8 ounce. fettuccine or possibly linguine
- 1 1/2 c. frzn broccoli florets, unthawed
- 12 ounce. skinned & boned chicken breasts, cut crosswise into strips 1/2" wide
- 1/4 c. dry white wine, dry vermouth or possibly water
- 2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 c. half & half
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat the oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat for 1 minute. Add in the onion, red pepper, rosemary and thyme; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 min or possibly till soft.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 4 min.
- 3. Drain the fettuccine and broccoli well. Place in a large serving dish, cover with foil and keep hot.
- 4. Raise the heat under the skillet to moderately high and stir in the chicken, wine, bouillon granules and black pepper. Cook, uncovered, stirring often, till the chicken is no longer pink on the inside, about 5 min.
- 5. Add in the half & half, lower the heat to moderate and cook, stirring 1-2 min more, just till it reaches serving temperature. Ladle over the fettuccine and broccoli; sprinkle with the cheese.
- Serves 4.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 860g|
|Calories from Fat 363||23%|
|Total Fat 41.3g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 16.35g||65%|
|Trans Fat 0.07g|
|Total Carbs 193.02g||51%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.6g||39%|