Green sauce enchiladas
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
Cost per serving $2.98 view details
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 3 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 oz Ortega Green Taco Sauce
- 4.5-ounce can chopped green chiles, undrained
- Other Ingredients:
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- To prepare filling, place broth, salt, chili powder and onion in crock pot on low for 6 hours (high for 4).
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred when cool. (I just use the onions for flavor and discard them, but you could chop them up and mix in with the chicken if you are an onion fan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine chicken, 1/2 cup each Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, and 1/2 cup onion in a bowl; set aside.
- To prepare sauce, place milk, egg substitute, salt, taco sauce and chilies in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Fill a medium skillet with 1 inch of water; bring to a simmer. Dip tortilla in water using tongs. Spoon 1/3 cup filling in center of tortilla; roll tightly, and place in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup each Monterey Jack and cheddar. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 504g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 223||43%|
|Total Fat 25.02g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 12.04g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.11g|
|Total Carbs 37.27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|