Chicken Enchilada Tostadas
Prep time: 6 hours
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cost per serving $1.35 view details
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 envelope (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn , thawed
- 1 can refried beans
- 8 tostada shells
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- any other toppings you like such as sour cream, shredded cheese, guacamole, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, etc.
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place chicken thighs in cooker and sprinkle with taco seasoning mix and brown sugar; toss to coat.
- Mix in green chiles and 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Refrigerate remaining enchilada sauce for later when preparing the tostadas.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and use 2 forks to pull chicken into shreds.
- Return chicken to cooker. Mix in corn.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, combine the refried beans with 1/2 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Prepare tostadas by spreading a spoonful of the refried beans on top of each tostada shells. Top each with some chicken mixture followed by lettuce, green onion, and any other toppings you desire. Any remaining enchilada sauce can be drizzled on top of the tostadas if desired
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 203g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 22||14%|
|Total Fat 2.48g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.65g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 20.99g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|