This is a loosey-goosey combination of recipes I've seen over the years. I usually just use what I have around but do try making up your own fun combinations.
Great for picnics served on a croissant, in a pita or on top of greens. Prepare the size of chicken and veg based on what you are using it for.... shred small and dice for sandwich or everything chunkier for a buffet or on top of greens for a nicer presentation.
Flavors intensify as it sits so it's really good the next day! Be careful how much onion you add if you are making a day ahead.
- 6 Chicken breasts, small to medium size, with skin and bone
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup or more mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup or so plain, nonfat, Greek style yogurt
- cayenne powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon or so honey or Major Gery's chutney
- ginger powder to taste
- lime juice squeeze
- Scallions (4 or more) sliced or purple onion quantity to your preference
- Celery, chopped, quantity your preference
- Any combination of Green apple, red grapes, raisins, dried apricots, dried cranberries, toasted slivered almonds, cashews, walnuts
- Roast the chicken breasts.
- Make the curry mayo. Heat the curry and oil in a pan and cook it for less then a minute then pour it in a medium bowl and let it cool.
- Add the mayo and yogurt, cayenne, honey or chutney, ginger powder, and lime. Make adjustments to get it just the way you like it.
- Shred chicken into large bowl.
- Chop up whatever you have chosen to use and add to chicken.
- Toss in any fruit or nuts you want.
- Add the curry mayo mixture and gently combine with chicken.
- combination examples: apple- almond- raisin or cranberry- walnut- grape
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 191||55%|
|Total Fat 21.26g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 4.91g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.34g|
|Total Carbs 1.97g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|