Cost per serving $0.98 view details
- 1/4 c. sliced shallots
- 2 x garlic cloves sliced
- 1 Tbsp. peanut or possibly corn oil
- 1 Tbsp. curry pwdr
- 1 x chicken - (3 1/2 lbs) cut frying pcs
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 piece jeruk purut
- Â Â (or possibly a 3" square of lemon peel)
- 2 x salam leaves (Indian bay leaves)
- 1 x lemongrass stalk
- 1/2 c. potato in 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 c. julienne-sliced carrots
- 1/2 c. string beans in 2" pcs
- 1Â 1/2 c. coconut lowfat milk
- 1 pkt cellophane noodles - (3 ounce) (optional)
- Stir fry the garlic and oil in medium heat oil for two min. Add in the curry pwdr, and stir well; then add in the chicken pcs. When the chicken turn slightly brown, add in the water. Bring it to a boil.
- Put in the salt, sugar, jeruk purut, salam, lemon grass, potatoes, carrots, and string beans. Stir well. Finally, add in the coconut lowfat milk, and baste frequently so which the lowfat milk does not curdle and the sauce dissolves smoothly.
- Cook the curry over medium heat for thirty min, then add in the cellophane noodles if you like. Cook ten min more, or possibly till the chicken is soft. This curry does have ample sauce.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 272g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 318||60%|
|Total Fat 35.52g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 12.12g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.28g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|