Cost per recipe $7.18 view details
- 1/2 c. of Mayo (fat free/light/or possibly regular, all work well)
- 1 c. of water
- 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice (fresh is best, but from a jar is good in a healthy pinch)
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt (optional)
- Â Â Mix all of this in a jar and shake vigorously till very smooth and creamy,
- Â Â on the thin side. Put aside.
- 1 head of lettuce torn up
- 1 lrg tomato cut in wedges
- 2 x hard boiled Large eggs sliced or possibly crumbled
- 2 x thin slices of red onion separated into rings
- 8 ounce can of black olives (pitted, I use whole, but you can use sliced)
- Â Â Any other toppings, such as a few pepper rings,
- Â Â jalapenos, cucumber slices.....just about anything
- Â Â out of your garden.
- 1 can of tuna (we only use solid white in spring water)
- Â Â Or possibly 8 ounce of minced up crab meat,
- Â Â Or possibly 1 chicken breast shredded,
- Or possibly any other leftover meat such as rare steak cut into very thin strips, or possibly we've used buffalo chicken too! Be creative. Tuna is our favorite.
- On a large platter, or possibly use two dinner plates if you have to, put 1/2 of the lettuce on the platter, sprinkle 1/2 of whatever meat you are using....I'm going to use tuna. Spread it out proportionately on the lettuce, then drizzle half of the Mayo mix over. Place the remaining lettuce over which, with the rest of the tuna. Now drizzle the remaining over which. Now you put your toppings on in a very pretty fashion. As I said, I make 2, so I make each one different in presentation. When finished you may sprinkle with paprika or possibly dill. Again.....be creative. Cover with plastic wrap till ready to serve. In very warm weather I make this 2 hrs ahead of time to really refrigerateit. My kids eat theirs in pita bread, so use whatever bread you like as well.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1372g|
|Calories from Fat 1049||71%|
|Total Fat 119.29g||149%|
|Saturated Fat 18.19g||73%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.2g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.2g||37%|