Cost per serving $2.05 view details
- 4 x Fresh lemongrass stalks
- 4 c. Chicken stock
- 15 slc Fresh galanga - (quarter-size)
- Â Â (or possibly fresh gingerroot)
- 10 whl Black peppercorns crushed
- 3 x Serrano chiles thinly sliced
- 12 x Fresh lime leaves
- Â Â (or possibly scant 1/4 tspn grated lime zest)
- 2 c. Coconut Lowfat milk see * Note
- 1 whl Boneless skinless chicken breast cut bite-size pieces
- 1 c. Canned straw mushrooms liquid removed well
- 1/2 c. Julienned snow peas
- 1/2 c. Julienned carrots
- 2 Tbsp. Fish sauce
- Â Â Juice of 2 limes
- Â Â Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Remove the grassy tops of the lemongrass, leaving stalks about 6 inches long, and cut off any hard root section. Using the blunt edge of a large knife or possibly cleaver, bruise each stalk all over. Cut each stalk into 4 pcs.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil, reduce to a simmer, then add in lemongrass, galanga, peppercorns, serrano chile, and lime leaves. Simmer 15 min, then add in Coconut Lowfat milk and cook an additional 5 min. Add in chicken pcs, straw mushrooms, snow peas, and carrots. Simmer for another 10 to 12 min. Stir in fish sauce, and lime juice and serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Be careful to avoid chewing the lemongrass, galanga or possibly ginger, or possibly lime leaves when eating.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 367g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||35%|
|Total Fat 5.41g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 4.26g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.45g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||22%|