Cost per serving $3.04 view details
- 6 c. vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 6Â 1/2 ounce fresh thin egg noodles
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 x garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Tbsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 x onion cut into eighths
- 1 lb skinless chicken thigh fillets cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1 x red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 x green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 bn choy sum or possibly spinach trimmed, and
- Â Â cut into 2" lengths
- 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1/4 c. chicken broth mixed with
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Heat 6 c. oil in wok till it reaches 375 degrees on deep-frying thermometer or possibly till small bread cube dropped in oil sizzles and turns golden brown. Working in small batches, add in noodles and fry till golden brown and crisp, 1 to 2 min. Using slotted spoon, remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- In wok over medium-high heat, hot 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil. Add in garlic, ginger, and onion, and stir-fry till onion softens slightly, about 3 min. Add in chicken and stir-fry till browned, 3 to 4 min. Add in bell peppers and choy sum and stir-fry till tender-crisp, about 2 min.
- Stir in hoisin sauce and broth and cornstarch mix and cook till sauce boils and thickens slightly, about 2 min.
- To serve, arrange crisp noodles in nest on serving plates. Top with chicken and vegetables.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 635g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3098||91%|
|Total Fat 350.33g||438%|
|Saturated Fat 29.42g||118%|
|Trans Fat 8.84g|
|Total Carbs 46.82g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||16%|