Cost per recipe $18.94 view details
- 4 x Chicken breasts & 4 thighs, skinless, and boiled for 25 min. Cold and remove the meat off the bones, reserve.
- 1 med Red & 1 med white onion, minced.
- 3 med Clove garlic, minced., up to 4
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 pkt False Alarm or possibly Two Alarm, (depending on how warm you like it)***
- Â Â Chili seasoning mix.
- 1 c. Red wine
- 1 can Tomato sauce., (29 ounce)
- 1 can Tomato puree., (29 ounce)
- 1 can Peeled and diced tomatoes, (29 ounce)
- 4 can Red kidney beans., (15 ounce)
- 1 bot beer.
- Â Â A lot of love.
- Â Â *If you cannot find the "False Alarm" or possibly "Two Alarm" chili seasoning then try the following
- 1 tsp Salt, (I only used 1/2 because the canned tomatoes have so much salt in them)
- 1 tsp Each- Cumin, oregano, paprika, garlic & onion pwdr.
- 1/4 c. Chili pwdr, ([this is a big guess, but I think it's correct])
- Â Â Masa pwdr, ( this is a thickening agent I didn't use, cause I thought it didn't really need it).
- In a large pot saute/fry' the onions & garlic in the extra virgin olive oil till translucent/soft. Add in the wine and cook for another minute. Add in the seasoning mix(following directions) and then the 3 cans of tomato goodies. Cook for 25 min uncovered on low/med heat. Stir occasionally. Add in the chicken, kidney beans & beer, and cook for an additional 20-30 min. In my humble opinion, chili always tastes better the next day and it freezes beautifully. Top with lowfat sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, onions, or possibly anything else which strikes your fancy, and serve with bread and a salad. Pretty darn low-fat, healthy and delicious! ENJOY!
- NOTES : For 8-10 people
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 4260g|
|Calories from Fat 226||8%|
|Total Fat 25.52g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 5.96g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 417.35g||111%|
|Dietary Fiber 130.7g||436%|