Cost per serving $2.44 view details
- 12 x Soft Corn Tortillas
- 2 x Or possibly 3 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 lb Cheddar Cheese, grated, (up to 1)
- 4 ounce Minced Green Chilies
- 4 x Green Onions, minced, (include 2 or possibly 3 inches of the stem) (up to 6)
- 1 can (8-ounce.) Cream of Chicken Soup
- 8 ounce Lowfat sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350-F degrees and prepare a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
- Soft fry the corn tortillas in a heavy skillet with the warmed vegetable oil over medium-high heat, draining the tortillas of excess oil on paper towels as you go.
- Place a portion of the cheese in each corn tortilla and roll them up; fasten with a toothpick and reserve.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the green chilies, green onions, and cream of chicken soup. When warmed through and bubbly, pour a bit of the sauce in the bottom of your baking dish and place the reserved cheese tortillas on top of the sauce. When all the tortillas are in the baking pan, cover them with the remaining sauce.
- Try to place the tortillas in the baking dish with the toothpick point up for easy removal before serving.
- Sprinkle the top of the enchiladas with the remaining cheese and bake for about 20 to 30 min or possibly till sauce is bubbling. Serve tortillas with a dab of lowfat sour cream and a sprinkling of minced green onions, if you like.
- Kitchen Staff Tip: To prepare a fantastic Enchilada Sauce from scratch, simply heat 2 Tbsp. of butter in a small saucepan.
- Blend 1 Tbsp. of flour with one c. water and whisk it into the butter with 2 Tbsp. of chili pwdr. Simmer for 3 to 5 min and pour it over your favorite enchilada recipe before baking, or possibly serve hot on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 242g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 360||59%|
|Total Fat 40.97g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 19.51g||78%|
|Trans Fat 0.22g|
|Total Carbs 43.34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.0g||20%|