Cost per recipe $15.79 view details
- 1Â 3/4 c. Chicken, cooked & diced
- 1 lb Lasagna Noodles
- 2 Tbsp. Butter or possibly Margarine
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 1 sm Onion, finely minced
- 4 ounce Mushrooms, minced
- 1 lrg Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream or possibly Half-and-Half
- 1/4 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 bn Spinach, cooked till
- 3 Tbsp. Butter or possibly Margarine
- 4 Tbsp. Flour
- 1Â 1/2 c. Chicken Broth
- 3 c. Half-and-Half
- Â Â Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 c. Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 c. (to 1 c.) Mozzarella Cheese, grated (opt)
- Â Â Spaghetti Sauce (homemade or possibly store bought) (opt)
- THE NIGHT BEFORE (or possibly early in the day): Cook lasagna noodles in 6 quarts.
- boiling water for 5-7 min or possibly till tender; drain, wipe noodles dry with a clean/dry cloth, lay flat on waxed paper.
- While noodles are cooking, heat butter and extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute/fry onion, garlic and mushrooms till they're tender; add in remove from heat; set aside.
- Place cooked chicken in food processor and pulse till chicken resembles a tuna salad mix. Combine chicken with the onions, garlic, mushrooms and the fat in that they were sauteed; add in egg, cream and seasonings. Add in spinach (cooked) and mix well.
- Cut each lasagna noodle into 2 or possibly 3 pcs-each piece should be 3 to 4 inches long; place a tablespoonful of the chicken filling on each piece and roll into a tubular shape. If you do not want to make canneloni, just layer the ingredients like you would for lasagna.
- Arrange rolls next to each other, one layer deep, in a buttered baking dish; set aside while you prepare the cheese sauce.
- CHEESE SAUCE: Heat butter then add in the flour and cook for a few min to get rid of the floury taste. Gradually add in the chicken broth, whisking constantly to prevent lumps; add in cream, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, till thickened and smooth; remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- I like to use, both, red and white sauce on this one. I spoon over a strip of the white sauce, next to it I spoon on some red; keep doing which across the dish till the sauce covers the noodles. The red/white pattern makes it look pretty and gives the dish a little more flavor. It also cuts back on some of the fat.
- Spoon sauce over cannelloni in baking dish; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese, if used; chill till you're ready to bake it.
- BEFORE SERVING: Preheat broiler; place cannelloni 4-5 inches from heat and broil for 10 min or possibly till sauce bubbles and top browns. If you'll be making lasagna, bake in a 350-degree oven for 25-30 min, or possibly till it's bubbly and the top is browned a bit.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2806g|
|Calories from Fat 2391||47%|
|Total Fat 270.92g||339%|
|Saturated Fat 133.5g||534%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 455.99g||122%|
|Dietary Fiber 31.2g||104%|