Cost per serving $0.83 view details
- 3 corn cobs
- vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tspn grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 750 gm lean chicken mince
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Â½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- a splash of cream (or a beaten egg)
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Â½ each red & green capsicum, seeded, cored & diced
- 1 small red chilli, seeded & finely sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- plain flour
- 6 streaky bacon rashers
- 6 burger buns, cut in half
- Cook the corn cobs on a lightly oiled, preheated BBQ (or ridged grill) until blistered in spots. Set aside to cool and then cut off the kernels.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and gently sautÃ© the onion, ginger and garlic until lightly coloured.
- Then transfer the mixture to a bowl, together with the mince, 2 tspn chopped coriander, the mustard, cream, capers and seasonings. Mix until well combined and set aside to cool a little.
- To make the salsa, toss the corn kernels with the capsicum, 2 tbsp coriander, chilli, lime juice, salt, pepper and a splash of fresh oil, separating the corn as you do so. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Form the chicken mixture into 6 patties. Then flour and panfry them in a little hot oil until golden on both sides, flattening a little with a spatula as you do so. Drain on kitchen paper towels.
- When the patties are almost cooked, grill the bacon and the burger buns.
- To serve, spoon the salsa on the bottom of each bun, top with a patty, a bacon rasher and some more salsa. Press down the lid and enjoy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 137g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 123||56%|
|Total Fat 13.68g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 3.74g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.02g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|