Chicken Biryani famous Indian recipe chicken steamed with spicy rice Recipe
chicken steamed with spicy basmati rice
- Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- For marination:
- 1 pound chicken(boneless or with bones)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil ( I prefer soybean oil)
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of gingergarlic paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 (2 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken pieces cut into chunks
- For Rice:
- 3 cups(260ml) of Basmati rice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pods cardamom
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 (1 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 table spoon salt
- 1/4 table spoon black cumin seeds( optional)
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaves( Pudina fresh or dry powder-1/2 table spoon)
Cut the chicken into medium size pieces by removing skin and fat. Wash it and keep aside.
Take a large bowel and add all the above mentioned ingredients for marination along with chicken and mix well. Allow it to marinate for about 1-2hrs in a refrigerator.
For preparation of rice:
Wash rice throughly and add all the above stated ingredients along with 6 cups(260 ml) water. Mix throughly and cook until 70% done and keep it aside.
Now take the marinated chicken out and cook it as it is in the large deep thick bottom dish by adding some oil.
After the chicken 90% done in cooking add rice on the top of the chicken.
You can garnish with fried onions, half cut boiled egg, few drops of saffron color and coriander on the top of the rice.(Optional)
cook untill the rice is cooked.
serve hot with lemon juice or Chilli curry.
How good does this recipe look to you?