chicken steamed with spicy basmati rice
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cost per recipe $10.86 view details
- Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- For marination:
- 1 pound chicken(boneless or with bones)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil ( I prefer soybean oil)
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of gingergarlic paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 (2 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken pieces cut into chunks
- For Rice:
- 3 cups(260ml) of Basmati rice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pods cardamom
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 (1 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 table spoon salt
- 1/4 table spoon black cumin seeds( optional)
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaves( Pudina fresh or dry powder-1/2 table spoon)
- For marination:
- Cut the chicken into medium size pieces by removing skin and fat. Wash it and keep aside.
- Take a large bowel and add all the above mentioned ingredients for marination along with chicken and mix well. Allow it to marinate for about 1-2hrs in a refrigerator.
- For preparation of rice:
- Wash rice throughly and add all the above stated ingredients along with 6 cups(260 ml) water. Mix throughly and cook until 70% done and keep it aside.
- Now take the marinated chicken out and cook it as it is in the large deep thick bottom dish by adding some oil.
- After the chicken 90% done in cooking add rice on the top of the chicken.
- You can garnish with fried onions, half cut boiled egg, few drops of saffron color and coriander on the top of the rice.(Optional)
- cook untill the rice is cooked.
- serve hot with lemon juice or Chilli curry.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2100g|
|Calories from Fat 2497||57%|
|Total Fat 278.9g||349%|
|Saturated Fat 61.2g||245%|
|Trans Fat 2.28g|
|Total Carbs 205.19g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.8g||43%|