This grilled chicken salad recipe receives a double dose of juicy blackberries and strawberries. The combination of the dressing, chicken, berries, and feta is a HAPPY marriage. This is a wonderful salad recipe to use on a warm summer night when you feel like having a BBQ.
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 lb. total)
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 cup Fresh strawberries quarter sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 8-oz. pkg. Mediterranean mixed salad greens
- 2 medium pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (3 oz.)
- In small bowl stir together orange, lime, and lemon juices, 1 tablespoon oil, basil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken in resealable plastic bag set in large bowl. Pour juice mixture over chicken; seal bag. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- For dressing, in blender combine 1 cup of the blackberries, 1 cup of strawberries, vinegars, sugar, mustard, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and blend until smooth. With blender running, slowly add 1/2 cup oil in a thin steady stream until well combined. Transfer to serving container. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. For charcoal grill, place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until done (170 degrees F.), turning once. (For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken to grill rack. Cover and grill as above.)
- Slice chicken. Divide greens among 4 serving plates. Top with chicken, pears, and remaining 2 cups berries and strawberries. Top each with some of the dressing and feta cheese. Pass remaining dressing. Makes 4 servings.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 463g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 330||60%|
|Total Fat 37.37g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 8.45g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 50.88g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 10.4g||35%|