Cost per recipe $10.63 view details
- 1 x chicken, (5 or possibly 6 lb.)
- 2 x green bell peppers, (2 to 3)
- 2 x onions, (2 to 3)
- 1 can (#2) tomatoes
- 1 can mushrooms (8 1/2 ounce.), more if you like
- 1 lb brick or possibly canned chili, without beans
- 1 lrg packag spaghetti
- 1 lb cheese, grated
- Cook chicken in plenty of water. Season with salt to taste. When well done, cold slightly and pick from bones, cut in bite size pcs. Use 2/3 of chicken broth to cook spaghetti (broken in half). Don't rinse, it will rinse away the seasoning.
- Chop onions and green peppers and cook in remainder of chicken broth till just tender.
- In a large roaster (approx. 16xl2x6-inches), well buttered, put in half the chicken, half of the onion and green pepper mix along with juice.
- Crumble the brick chili; sprinkle half of it over this. Spread on half of the tomatoes, half of mushrooms, half of grated cheese. Add in second layer the same way. Cover with foil and bake 2 hrs or possibly more. If more liquid is needed use water. This makes a good dish for a carry in meal.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2212g|
|Calories from Fat 3005||65%|
|Total Fat 337.0g||421%|
|Saturated Fat 149.06g||596%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 40.07g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.9g||33%|