Cost per serving $3.02 view details
- 1 quart Vegetable Oil
- 1 quart All-Purpose Flour
- 8 Lbs Spanish Onions, peeled and diced
- 8 Lbs Celery, washed and diced
- 8 Lbs Bell Peppers, washed, de-seeded and diced
- 12 Lbs Smoked Sausage, cut crosswise
- 3 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Cavenne Pepper
- 4 each Bay Leaves
- 5 gallons Water
- 12 Lbs Chicken, pulled and fresh
- 1 Lb Fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups File Powder
- 6 cups Green Scallions
- Combine the oil and flour in the tilt grill on medium heat.
- Stir slowly and constantly for 20 to 25 minutes to make a dark brown roux, the color of chocolate.
- Remove and researve for later.
- Saute the onions, celery, and bell peppers for 4 to 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add the sausage, and pulled chicken, salt, cayenne, and bay leaves. Continue to stir until the roux mixture and water are well combined.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for one hour.
- Skim off any fat that rises to the surface.
- Turn down heat to low.
- Stir in the parsley, green onions and file powder. remove the bay leaves prior to service.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 799g|
|Recipe makes 50 servings|
|Calories from Fat 520||70%|
|Total Fat 57.98g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 14.16g||57%|
|Trans Fat 0.68g|
|Total Carbs 20.63g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||14%|