Cost per serving $0.82 view details
- 12 ounce Medium-size pasta shells
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg Onion, minced
- 1/2 lb Boneless, skinned chicken breasts (about 2 halves), cut into,1-inch cubes
- 12 x Black olives, such as kalam, pitted, and coarsely minced
- 12 x Pitted green olives, coarsely minced
- 1 c. Diced tomatoes, fresh or possibly canned
- 3 Tbsp. Minced fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- Â Â Grated parmesan cheese, (optional)
- 1. Cook shells in large pot of boiling water.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat Add in onion; cook, stirring occasionally till softened, for about 2 min.
- 3. Add in the cubed chicken to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, till the chicken loses its raw look about 2 min. Add in the coarsely minced black and green olives, the diced tomatoes and fresh basil. Brir to boiling. Add in 1 c. of the pasta cooking water to the skillet, stirring to mix. Return the sauce to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring. Adc the salt and pepper to the skillet, stirring to blend.
- 4. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce in a large serving bowl pasta is well coated. Sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese if you like, or possibly pass the Parmesan cheese, separately, at the table.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 213g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 512||91%|
|Total Fat 57.01g||71%|
|Saturated Fat 7.89g||32%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 6.86g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|