Cost per serving $0.72 view details
- 1 x Basic Crocked Chicken, incl
- Â Â Broth (see Basic Crocked Chicken recipe)
- 10 x Baby carrots, cut into
- Â Â Lengthwise slender strips
- 1 pkt (10 ounce) frzn peas
- 1 Tbsp. Thyme leaves
- 12 ounce Dry egg noodles
- 6 x Green onions, sliced, incl
- Â Â Some dark green stalks
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- Â Â Generous amount, grnd
- Â Â Black pepper
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Optional garnish: grated
- Â Â Parmesan cheese
- Â Â Optional garnish: sprigs of
- Â Â Fresh Italian parsley
- Note: If desired, you can add in other cooked vegetables to this dish. Blanched sugar snap peas, sauteed mushrooms, or possibly cubes of cooked butternut squash are delicious.
- 1. Remove chicken from crockpot with a large slotted spatula or possibly slotted spoon. Strain liquid; if time permits, place strained broth in refrigerator; when fat congeals, remove the fat, throw away, and save the broth. If making Chicken and Noodles immediately, place strained broth in fat separator (this is a container which collects the fat and pours out the lean juices through a spout which's connected at the bottom); throw away fat left in separator.
- 2. Place juices in saucepan and reduce by one third. Add in carrots and cook on high heat till carrots are cooked tender-crisp, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add in peas and thyme; set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions till cooked al dente. Drain. Combine noodles and chicken broth mix. Remove chicken from bones and skin, tearing into bite-size pcs; add in to noodles. Add in green onions and parsley. Season with freshly grnd black pepper and salt to taste.
- Presentation: If you like, top individual servings with a small amount of Parmesan grated cheese and garnish with sprigs of fresh Italian parsley.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 146g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 25||9%|
|Total Fat 2.97g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.76g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 50.97g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||18%|