Cost per serving $3.24 view details
- 8 x chicken wings
- Â Â Salad oil
- 1Â 3/4 lb Japanese radish (daikon)
- 1/4 lb radish greens
- Â Â Salt as needed
- 5 Tbsp. soy sauce (shoyu)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. sweetened cooking sake (mirin)
- 3/8 c. Japanese rice wine (sake)
- Place knife at the joint of chicken wing and cut off tips.
- Slice radish into 3/4-inch pcs and pare off thick outer layer. Round corners of cut-ends.
- Heat salad oil in a pot. Place chicken in pot and saute/fry over high heat till golden.
- Drain excess grease. Add in radish and continue to saute/fry. Add in sufficient water to cover ingredients and simmer.
- When water boils, skim off foam and simmer for another 5 to 6 min. Turn heat low and add in seasonings. Continue to simmer on low.
- Boil radish greens in salted water till tender and cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch pcs. Set aside some portion of stock from the chicken-radish pot in a bowl and soak boiled radish greens in it.
- Cook chicken-radish mix till sauce simmers down. Garnish with radish greens and serve.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 263g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||28%|
|Total Fat 5.19g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.46g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0.06g|
|Total Carbs 15.26g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|